How to recycle plastic bottles
- Leave the tops on your bottles, they will be removed and recycled as part of the recycling process.
- Replace lids and tops. If they stay on the container they will get recycled.
- Squash bottles to save space.
- Empty and rinse bottles. Left over foods or liquids can contaminate other recyclables and if bottles contain liquid they may not be recycled as deemed too heavy by the automated sorting process. Liquid can also damage the machinery.
- Leave on labels – these will be removed in the process.
- read more